Frequent Questions About TravelTab
At TravelTab our goal is to help you Travel Smarter. Below are answers to some of the more frequent questions we get asked by our customers. If this page does not answer your question, send us an email and we’ll get you an answer – pretty quickly in most cases.
If you are currently renting a TravelTab and need assistance, please call our Customer Support Team at 877-938-7216.
- 1. How Do I Get TravelTab?
You will find TravelTab available for daily rental though our partners at most major rental car companies. TravelTab is available throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. And we are growing quickly. So be sure to check out our partners for the most up to date list.
- 2. Which cities have TravelTab available for rent?
TravelTab is available in most major cities in the Unites States, Canada and Mexico. Be sure to check directly with your preferred rental car company to confirm availability. Check out our partner page for links to the websites of our valued partners.
Current locations to rent a TravelTab include:
- Arizona – Phoenix, Tucson
- California – Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco
- Colorado – Denver
- Florida – Cape Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Palm Beach, Port Everglades, Tampa
- Georgia – Atlanta
- Hawaii – Honolulu, Kahului, Kona, Lihue, Maui, Waikiki, Wailea
- Illinois – Chicago
- Indiana – Indianapolis
- Louisiana – New Orleans
- Maryland – Baltimore
- Massachusetts – Boston
- Michigan – Detroit
- Minnesota – Minneapolis
- Missouri – Kansas City, St. Louis
- Nevada – Las Vegas
- New Jersey – Newark
- New Mexico – Albuquerque
- New York – New York City, Syracuse
- North Carolina – Charlotte, Raleigh
- Ohio – Cincinnati
- Oregon – Portland
- Pennsylvania – Philadelphia
- Puerto Rico – San Juan
- Rhode Island – Providence
- Texas – Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio
- Tennessee – Memphis, Nashville
- Utah – Salt Lake City
- Washington – Seattle
- Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- District of Columbia – Washington DC
- Alberta – Calgary, Edmonton
- British Columbia – Vancouver
- Manitoba – Winnipeg
- Nova Scotia – Halifax
- Ontario – Ottawa, Toronto
- Quebec – Dorval, Montreal, Quebec City
- Baja – San Jose Del Cabo, La Paz, Tijuana
- Jalisco – Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta
- Quintana Roo – Cancun, Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen
- Sinaloa – Mazatlan
- Nuevo León – Monterrey
- 3. Can I buy a TravelTab?
No, we do not sell TravelTab. But you can rent one for a daily fee at most major rental car companies in North America.
- 4. Can I attach my own phone, tablet or laptop to the TravelTab Wi-Fi Hotspot?
If you rent a TravelTab Adventurer, access to the secure Wi-Fi HotSpot is available for up to 5 devices. If you rent our Navigator Plus model, you may purchase access to Wi-Fi for 2 devices for a daily fee.
- 5. My hotel has Wi-Fi so why do I need TravelTab’s hotspot?
We hear this question a lot. Sure, you can use your hotel provided Wi-Fi or go down to the local coffee shop and use that connection too. But neither option is secure. Your TravelTab hotspot is secure and you can customize the name and password. Plus, your TravelTab is mobile so you can bring it with you. Try doing that with your hotel!
- 6. Is Unlimited Data Really Unlimited?
Yes, we do provide unlimited data and your daily use does not have an impact on your access. However, the bandwidth to that data cannot be guaranteed due to varying factors such as your location and signal strength.
- 7. How do the calling credits work?
If you rent a TravelTab Adventurer, you will have 60 daily credits ready to use. These credits will replenish each night at midnight so you’ll always start each day with 60 credits. These credits are used for both phone calls and text messages. So how does it work?
- Text Messages = 1 credit per message
- Calls = 1 credit per minute (for calls inside the United States, Canada and Mexico)
- Calls = 2 credits per minute (for calls outside of the United States, Canada and Mexico)
If you rent our Navigator Plus model, you may purchase credits in 30, 60 or 90 credit increments.
- 8. Can someone call me on my TravelTab? Do I get a phone number?
Each TravelTab offers the convenience of a custom phone number for use during your rental period. You can use that number as your local point of contact or have friends and family use it to call you directly during your trip. How cool is that!
- 9. Does the navigation include Traffic updates?
It sure does! Our advanced navigation system includes real-time traffic and alerts to keep you on the best route. Plus, we’re voice-activated and support multiple languages to help you navigate the roads like a local.
- 10. What kind of local discounts can I find through TravelTab?
When you rent TravelTab you’ll have immediate access to discounts on tours, excursions and attractions in the area. Plus, most cities also offer great shopping and restaurant coupons that you can use directly from your TravelTab. And if you drive to another city, TravelTab will automatically adjust and you’ll see an updated list of offers based on our new location!
- 11. Can I purchase tickets to use after my trip or for friends & family?
Yes, by renting a TravelTab you can also purchase discounted tickets in other cities. Simply find the tickets you want, purchase them on the device, and then you will have the option to email the vouchers to yourself or to your friends or family. It’s that easy to save money with TravelTab!
- 12. Is TravelTab available outside of North America?
Currently TravelTab is offered in cities in North America (United States, Canada, Mexico) but we’re working on expansion plans. Stay tuned!
- 13. Are you hiring?
We are growing and always looking for bright talent to join our team. Check out our Careers page to see a list of open positions and to learn more about our team culture!
- 14. I have a business idea to discuss with TravelTab?
For more information or business opportunities, please contact us from this website.